Government rejects accusations against Uribe in Londoño attack
Colombia’s Defense Minister, Juan Carlos Pinzón Bueno, said on Monday that the Government has not received any type of proof linking former President Alvaro Uribe with the attack against former Justice Minister, Fenando Londoño.
In a press conference Pinzón said “Nobody has ever handed me any kind of proof, much less a foreign government, about an attack against Dr. Londoño”. The attack occurred shortly before noon last May 15th, two people were killed and approximately 50 others were injured.
Pinzón criticized claims of the alleged involvement made by Venezuelan political scientist, Miguel Angel Pérez, who said on a television show that it had been confirmed that “the alleged attack against Minister Londoño of Colombia was planned and executed by them, Alvaro Uribe and, supposedly, Londoño himself.”
Uribe tweeted his rejection immediately after learning of Pérez’ claims.